From: 16.09.2019 to 18.09.2019
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Spaces remaining: 7
This Open College Network West Midlands qualification is for learners starting to, or are currently undertaking an assessor role.
This specific qualification is for learners who assess non-NVQ or non-competence-based vocational qualifications within the Qualifications Credit Framework.
This specific qualification is for learners who are required to assess occupational competence.
Learners must have the capacity to complete a minimum of two assessments with at least two of their own learners (therefore a minimum of at least four assessments in total) *Simulations are not permitted*
1) Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment. 3 credits, 24 GLH (Delivered unit)
following by ONE of the following:
2a) Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding *. 6 credits, 30 GLH (Observed unit)
2b) Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment **. 6 credits, 30 GLH (Observed unit)
Evidence for all learning outcomes must come from performance in the real environment (no simulations are permitted). There must be evidence to cover all of the assessment methods listed in the unit. As a minimum, there must be performance evidence for at least three of the following assessment methods:
- assessments of the learner in simulated environments
- skills tests
- oral and written questions
- case studies
- recognising prior learning
You may find it beneficial to purchase the following book prior to the course (and to support your assignment research):
(Reverse order - please read through to find your preferred date)
* REMEMBER - THIS COURSE INVOLVES HOME STUDY!! *
* Book your place through the website or via our freephone number *
* Places offered on a first come, first served basis *
* Pick up is available from the local railway station *
* Please advise at time of booking should you require disabled assistance *